Sugar cookies are one of the most popular holiday cookies to bake. Parents and kids can team up for a fun baking session – kids love using cookie cutouts! This is a sugar-free sugar cookie recipe that is lower in carbs because it uses Equal instead of table sugar. Use it for Christmas cutout cookies, Halloween cookies and anytime you need to make cutout cookies.
Recipe Yield: 24 servings
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 27 packets Equal sweetener*
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Red and green sugar free gelatin
*Substitute 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful for the packets.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Beat applesauce, butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Mix in Equal, egg whites and extracts until combined.
- Gradually mix in combined dry ingredients until blended.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- Roll out dough on very lightly floured surface to 1/4th inch thickness.
- Cut with your favorite holiday cookies cutters. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Sprinkle lightly with gelatin.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes.
- Cool on pans 2 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 74 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
1/2 Fat, 1/2 Starch
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.