- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold stick butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teapoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated**
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons stick butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
*May substitute 8 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
- For Crust, combine flour, 1/3 cup Equal and salt in medium bowl. Cut in 6 tablespoons butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon peel and vanilla. Mix with hands to form dough.
- Press dough evenly on bottom and 1/4-inch up sides of 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated 350F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.
- For Filling, beat eggs and 3/4 cup Equal. Mix in lemon juice, 4 tablespoons melted butter and 1 tablespoon lemon peel. Pour mixture into baked pastry.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
These bars are tangy and rich in flavor, but not in fat, carbs or calories. No need to feel guilty after eating one!
Recipe Yield: Yield: 16 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 30 milligrams
Cholesterol: 45 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.