- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup garlic-herb bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons low-fat or nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 egg white
- 4 (3-4 ounces) boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish or shallow pan with cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, and sage. Mix well.
- In another shallow bowl combine mayonnaise and egg white and beat until smooth. Pour the flour into a shallow bowl and dip each pork chop into it, tapping off any excess. Dip each chop into breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides.
- Place chops in the baking dish in a single layer. Spray each chop lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving size: 3-ounce pork loin with 1-1/2 tablespoons stuffing
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 15 grams
Sodium: 351 milligrams
Cholesterol: 76 milligrams
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
3-1/2 Medium-Lean Meat, 1/2 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals