- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chervil leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1-1/2 lb broccoli, cut into florets and stalks sliced, cooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray small skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add pecans and spray with cooking spray; cook over medium heat until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add breadcrumbs, marjoram, and chervil to skillet; cook until crumbs are toasted, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Season broccoli with salt and pepper to taste; arrange in serving bowl. Spoon crumb mixture over broccoli.
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.1 grams
Sodium: 64 milligrams
Protein: 3.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
1-1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.