- Butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Jicama, julienned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Line plates with lettuce.
- Top with orange slices.
- Mound with jicama.
- Sprinkle with chopped red onion.
- Blend juice, vinegar, salt & pepper in small bowl.
- Whisk in oil in thin stream.
- Spoon over salads.
- Garnish with minced cilantro
Recipe Yield: Servings: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.8 grams
Sodium: 36 milligrams
Protein: 4.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 fruit; 1 vegetable; 1 fat; 1 starch
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter