- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
- 6 strips bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pierce the squash in several place with a fork. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Split the squash lengthwise; remove the seeds. Using a fork, shred the squash strands into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the hot spaghetti squash; toss and serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 6 (1 Serving = 1/2 Cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 366 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes