- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
- 6 strips bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pierce the squash in several place with a fork. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Split the squash lengthwise; remove the seeds. Using a fork, shred the squash strands into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the hot spaghetti squash; toss and serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 6 (1 Serving = 1/2 Cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 366 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.