- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 piece (1-inch) peeled ginger root, coarsely chopped (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (bone-in)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- Preheat barbecue grill or oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine yogurt, tomato paste, green onions, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne pepper; puree until smooth.
- Arrange chicken in a shallow dish; coat with yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 1 day ahead. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Place chicken skin-side down on greased grill over medium-high heat; cook for 15 minutes. Brush with marinade; turn and cook for 10 to 15 minutes longer until golden and juices run clear. (Or place chicken on rack set on baking sheet; roast, basting after 30 minutes with marinade, for 50 to 55 minutes or until juices run clear.)
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 300 milligrams
Cholesterol: 59 milligrams
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
1/4 Low-Fat Milk, 3 Very Lean Meat
Source: America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook