- 1/2 lb.ground turkey breast
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup unseasoned whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup (optional, to use as a topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except 3 tablespoons of ketchup in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to a 9x5-inch non-stick loaf pan. Bake 1 hour, uncovered.
- Remove from oven. Spread the 3 tablespoons ketchup on top, if desired. Cover lightly with foil and let meatloaf rest 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe Yield: Makes 5 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 420 milligrams
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Bread/Starch, 3 Lean-Meat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.