- 1-3/4 pounds winter squash (accorn or butternut)
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces
- Ground cinnamon for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut each squash into lengthwise quarter, scoop out seeds and discard.
- Score yellow meaty part of each quarter with a knife.
- Brush bottom of a shallow baking pan with the vegetable oil.
- Place squash pieces in pan with remove skin from squash and put squash pulp into a bowl.
- Beat until fluffy, add margarine and beat it in well.
- If desired, garnish with sprinkle of cinnamon.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
1/2 Fat; 1 Starch