- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or almonds
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick oven liner film.
- Put the egg whites and lemon juice in a chilled bowl. Beat with an electric mixer to a soft foam. Slowly beat in the sugar, mixing well after each addition. Continue beating at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the vanilla and salt. Gently fold in the nuts.
- Drop the batter by heaping teaspoons onto the cookie sheets.Shape with the back of a spoon onto 1-inch circles. Bake until set and firm, about 1 hour. Turn off the oven but leave the cookies there until the oven is completely cool. Remove the cookies from the oven and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 3-1/2 dozen cookies (14 Servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 18 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Sugars: 6 grams
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.