- 1-1/2 cups fresh basil, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 lb. cooked penne, hot
- Wash and dry basil. Place basil in a blender or food processor with garlic, olive oil, pine nuts, cheese and pepper to taste; purée.
- Transfer cooked penne to a serving bowl. Add pesto and toss thoroughly to serve.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 4 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Sodium: 66 milligrams
Cholesterol: 2 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
2-1/2 Fat; 2-1/2 Starch