- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup dry champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices fresh pineapple (1/2 inch thick)
- Mint Sprigs, as garnish
- Sprinkle gelatin over pineapple juice in medium saucepan; let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Stir in champagne and nutmeg.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Or pour mixture into 9-inch square baking pan and freeze until slushy, about 2 hours; spoon into bowl and beat until fluffy. Return to pan and freeze until firm, 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, place pineapple slices on dessert plates. Top each with a scoop of Pineapple-Champagne Ice. Garnish with mint.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.2 grams
Sodium: 3 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: 1,001 Delicious Desserts for People With Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Desserts for People With Diabetes