- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup dry champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices fresh pineapple (1/2 inch thick)
- Mint Sprigs, as garnish
- Sprinkle gelatin over pineapple juice in medium saucepan; let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Stir in champagne and nutmeg.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Or pour mixture into 9-inch square baking pan and freeze until slushy, about 2 hours; spoon into bowl and beat until fluffy. Return to pan and freeze until firm, 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, place pineapple slices on dessert plates. Top each with a scoop of Pineapple-Champagne Ice. Garnish with mint.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.2 grams
Sodium: 3 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: 1,001 Delicious Desserts for People With Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Desserts for People With Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.