- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), rinsed, patted dry and flattened to 1/2-inch thickness
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 cup finely chopped mango
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Combine 1 tablespoon canola oil, curry powder, sugar, pepper and salt. Brush over chicken and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together salsa ingredients in a small bowl.
- Coat a grill pan with canola oil cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, discarding any marinade. Cook chicken 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside and juices run clear. Transfer to a serving platter. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken; serve with salsa.
This dish offers a medley for flavours. Using salsa in place of more salt lowers the sodium content and boosts taste!
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servingsServing size: 1 chicken breast and 1/4 cup salsa
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 175 milligrams
Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
1 fruit, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Source: The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen: Fresh, Fast and Flavorful Recipes Made with Canola Oil
Book Title: The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen: Fresh, Fast and Flavorful Recipes Made with Canola Oil
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.