- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place a steamer basket in 1/2 inch of water in a saucepan (water should not touch the bottom of the basket). Place carrots in the basket. Cover tightly and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and steam carrots 5 minutes. Add zucchini and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until carrots and zucchini are crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Stir in carrots, zucchini, thyme, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook uncovered, stirring gently for 2 to 3 minutes, or until hot.
Glycemic Index: 22, Glycemic Load: 1
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings``Serving size: 3/4 cup
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Sodium: 61 milligrams
Cholesterol: 10 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.