- 1/3 cup chopped ripe tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or sliced green onion tops
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Dash salt, or to taste (optional)
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole artichoke hearts, well drained
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato, chives, Parmesan cheese, oil, and salt (if desired).
- Remove coarse outer leaves from the artichokes. Cut a small sliver from the bottom of the hearts so they will stand upright. Set the artichoke hearts, bottom side down, on a plate.
- Carefully open the leaves to form a cavity. Spoon the stuffing into the cavity in the hearts, dividing evenly.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 104 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Source: The Diabetes Snack Munch Nibble Nosh Book