- 1/3 cup chopped ripe tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or sliced green onion tops
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Dash salt, or to taste (optional)
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole artichoke hearts, well drained
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato, chives, Parmesan cheese, oil, and salt (if desired).
- Remove coarse outer leaves from the artichokes. Cut a small sliver from the bottom of the hearts so they will stand upright. Set the artichoke hearts, bottom side down, on a plate.
- Carefully open the leaves to form a cavity. Spoon the stuffing into the cavity in the hearts, dividing evenly.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 104 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Source: The Diabetes Snack Munch Nibble Nosh Book
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.