- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 tbsp lowfat margarine
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup plain, lowfat yogurt
- 1 cup half & half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in margarine until soft. Add cucumbers and cook until soft; about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cooking 1 minute. Add broth and increase heat to medium high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Puree cucumber mixture in blender in batches. Pour into a bowl with the chopped mint. Cover and chill.
- Before serving, blend in yogurt and half and half. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Garnish with mint sprigs or chopped mint leaves.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 375 milligrams
Cholesterol: 15 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
1/2 milk, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 bread/starch, 1-1/2 fat
Source: Cinnamon Hearts
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.