- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 tbsp lowfat margarine
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup plain, lowfat yogurt
- 1 cup half & half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in margarine until soft. Add cucumbers and cook until soft; about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cooking 1 minute. Add broth and increase heat to medium high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Puree cucumber mixture in blender in batches. Pour into a bowl with the chopped mint. Cover and chill.
- Before serving, blend in yogurt and half and half. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Garnish with mint sprigs or chopped mint leaves.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 375 milligrams
Cholesterol: 15 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
1/2 milk, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 bread/starch, 1-1/2 fat
Source: Cinnamon Hearts
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.