- 1 (15-oz.) can cooked black beans, drained
- 1 (10-oz.) can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In large bowl, toss together ingredients, except pepper. Generously sprinkle salad with pepper. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours before serving.
Purple black beans, golden sweet corn and diced red and green bell pepper make a colorful medley in this easy salad. Make it ahead and refrigerate; it keeps up to 5 days.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 cups. Serving size about 1/2 cup.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 60 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
1 Bread/Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.