- 1 (15-oz.) can cooked black beans, drained
- 1 (10-oz.) can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In large bowl, toss together ingredients, except pepper. Generously sprinkle salad with pepper. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours before serving.
Purple black beans, golden sweet corn and diced red and green bell pepper make a colorful medley in this easy salad. Make it ahead and refrigerate; it keeps up to 5 days.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 cups. Serving size about 1/2 cup.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 60 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
1 Bread/Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.