- 2 cups apple juice or cider
- 2-4 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup grated red apple
- Pinch of salt
- In medium saucepan, bring apple juice, vinegar and allspice to a boil.
- Add cabbage, apple and salt. Simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or cold.
An elegant side dish can make any good meal great. This colorful crisp cabbage dish is light, bright and the perfect complement to any meal.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: under 1 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 85 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.