- 3 pound boneless single loin pork roast
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chile, minced*
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup red cherry jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
* Always wear rubber gloves when handling hot chiles.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub pepper and garlic salt onto all surfaces of roast; place in a shallow pan and roast for 45-60 minutes (20 minutes per pound, until internal temperature reads 145 degrees F. Let roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile make the salsa, combine onion, green pepper, jalapeno, dried cherries, jam, vinegar and cilantro; mix well. (Can be made ahead up to one day; cover and refrigerate).
- Arrange sliced pork on a serving platter; dress with Cherry Salsa.
Recipe Yield: Serves 6.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 430 milligrams
Cholesterol: 125 milligrams
Protein: 51 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.