- 1 teaspoon light margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 10-ounce package frozen no-salt-added chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup nonfat or part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cayenne
- 10-ounce package of refrigerated pizza dough
- Vegetable oil spray
- White of 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat margarine over medium-high heat. Swirl to cover bottom. Saute onion until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, spinach, ricotta, lemon juice, nutmeg, and cayenne. Blend well.
- Press dough into a 12x14-inch rectangle. Cut in half, forming two 7x12-inch rectangles.
- With a rubber scraper, spread half the spinach mixture on each piece of dough. Roll up, starting from a 12-inch side. Pinch each end of rolled dough. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- With a sharp knife, cut each roll into 12 slices. Put pieces on baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until light golden brown.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 24; 1 slice per serving
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: The New American Heart Association Cookbook