- 2 small ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Garnish: Mint leaves (optional)
- Slice pears in half and remove core. Cut a thin slice from the rounded side of the pear so that it will sit flat.
- Toast slivered almonds in a toaster oven until slightly golden, about 30 seconds.
- Place pear halves on 2 small dessert plates and sprinkle almond extract in the cored center of each half.
- Spoon slivered almonds in the cored center and place sprig of mint on the side.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 1 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Sugars: 18 grams
1-1/2 Fruit, 1 Fat
Source: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.