- 2 small ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Garnish: Mint leaves (optional)
- Slice pears in half and remove core. Cut a thin slice from the rounded side of the pear so that it will sit flat.
- Toast slivered almonds in a toaster oven until slightly golden, about 30 seconds.
- Place pear halves on 2 small dessert plates and sprinkle almond extract in the cored center of each half.
- Spoon slivered almonds in the cored center and place sprig of mint on the side.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 1 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Sugars: 18 grams
1-1/2 Fruit, 1 Fat
Source: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes