- 3/4 pound romaine lettuce (about 1 small head)
- 3 small kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- Wash the lettuce and tear into bite-sized pieces. Put the lettuce on a serving platter. Top the lettuce with the kiwis and oranges placed in a circular pattern.
- Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, pepper, salt and oil in a small bowl. Whisk until blended. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Top the salad with red onion rings.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings (1 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Fruit, 1 Fat
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible