- 3/4 pound romaine lettuce (about 1 small head)
- 3 small kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- Wash the lettuce and tear into bite-sized pieces. Put the lettuce on a serving platter. Top the lettuce with the kiwis and oranges placed in a circular pattern.
- Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, pepper, salt and oil in a small bowl. Whisk until blended. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Top the salad with red onion rings.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings (1 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Fruit, 1 Fat
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.