- 1 roasted deli chicken (approximately 3 pounds)
- 1 round loaf bread (use whole wheat for more fiber)
- Non-stick cooking spray, butter flavor
- Garlic powder
- Purchase broasted chicken at your favorite deli. Skin the chicken and discard the skin. (Note: Pull the skin off with a paper towel. Excess fat will be absorbed into the paper towel. Remember, chicken fat is stored in and under the skin! This method helps to cut the fat and calories!)
- Cut the round loaf of bread in half, horizontally. Scoop out the inside of the loaf and place in freezer bag; freeze for later use.
- Spray the inside of scooped out bread with butter-flavored non-stick spray. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder. Place skinned chicke inside and wrap in foil Place in warm oven. When ready to pack your picnic basket, remove from oven and wrap tightly in foil and thick layer of newspapers to keep warm.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 20 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 4-5 - Difficulty Level: 2
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Lean Meat per ounce of serving; 1 Bread/Starch per ounce of sliced bread.