- 1 cup brown rice, long-grain, dry
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (or Zesto*)
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- In a medium size saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil.
- Add rice and cook according to rice instructions on package.
- Drain if necessary.
- Add almonds and lemon zest.
- Let stand a few minutes then fluff with a fork and serve.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 5 Minutes - Cost: $ ``Servings: 6 - Difficulty Level: 1
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.3 grams
Sodium: 185 milligrams
Protein: 2.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
1-1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fat