- 2 pounds fresh Swiss Chard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Trim chard of any damaged leaves and tough stems. Wash well to remove all sand. In a large saucepan, bring to a boil about 1/2 inch of water and drop in the chard leaves. Return to a boil, cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes until leaves are tender. Add salt and remove from heat. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Chop chard. Add oil to the reserved liquid and pour desired amount over the chard before serving. Serve each portion with a lemon wedge and sesame seeds.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 262 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine