- 2 pounds fresh Swiss Chard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Trim chard of any damaged leaves and tough stems. Wash well to remove all sand. In a large saucepan, bring to a boil about 1/2 inch of water and drop in the chard leaves. Return to a boil, cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes until leaves are tender. Add salt and remove from heat. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Chop chard. Add oil to the reserved liquid and pour desired amount over the chard before serving. Serve each portion with a lemon wedge and sesame seeds.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 262 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.