- 1 box Dreamfields Elbows
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese (Neufchatel, 1/3 less fat), cut into 8 cubes
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper (optional)
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded 2% milk sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Spray 2-1/2 quart casserole/baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet (or Dutch oven) over medium heat; sauté onion and garlic 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add milk and cream cheese to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until cream cheese has melted, stirring frequently; do not boil (cream cheese does not need to melt completely).
- Toss pasta and sauce together. Stir in Cheddar cheese (reserve 2 tablespoons) and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons each Cheddar and Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered at 375*F 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 main dish servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 15 grams
Saturated Fat: 9 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 435 milligrams
Cholesterol: 44 milligrams
Protein: 20 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.