- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can low-fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained (flavored with chilies if you can find it)
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large non-stick saucepan, brown the ground turkey until it is no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Recipe Yield: Serves 4
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 596 milligrams
Cholesterol: 63 milligrams
Protein: 33 grams
Carbohydrates: 30 grams
2 Starch, 4 Very Lean Meat
Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
Book Title: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.