- 2 pork tenderloins, 1 pound each
- 1/4 cup apple juice, OR vermouth
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, finely crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, form a "pocket" in each tenderloin by cutting a lengthwise slit down center of each almost to, but not through, bottom of each tenderloin. Place tenderloins in shallow roasting pan.
- In small bowl stir together apple juice, applesauce, peanuts, fennel, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into pocket in each tenderloin. Secure stuffed pockets with toothpicks.
- Roast for 20 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F and let stand 5 minutes before slicing to serve,
Recipe Yield: Yieild: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 170 milligrams
Cholesterol: 100 milligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.