- 12 ounces cooked beef pot roast or brisket
- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare pasta shells according to package directions; drain. Set aside. Shred beef pot roast with two forks.
- Meanwhile, combine pot roast, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and garlic in large bowl.
- Fill shells evenly with beef mixture. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce on bottom of 11 X 7-inch glass baking dish. Arrange shells in dish; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 375F oven 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and sauce is bubbly.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 238 milligrams
Cholesterol: 119 milligrams
Protein: 40 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.