- 12 ounces cooked beef pot roast or brisket
- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare pasta shells according to package directions; drain. Set aside. Shred beef pot roast with two forks.
- Meanwhile, combine pot roast, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and garlic in large bowl.
- Fill shells evenly with beef mixture. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce on bottom of 11 X 7-inch glass baking dish. Arrange shells in dish; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 375F oven 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and sauce is bubbly.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 238 milligrams
Cholesterol: 119 milligrams
Protein: 40 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.