- 1/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place almonds on cookie sheet; toast 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside. Do not turn oven off.
- Combine honey, egg whites, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Add oats and toasted almonds; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased nonstick cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Recipe Yield: 24 bars
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 16 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.