- 1 1-lb. cabbage, cored and quartered
- Boiling water
- Canola oil spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup peeled, cubed potato
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 2 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Place cabbage in a large bowl. Pour enough boiling water over to cover. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain well. Pat dry with paper towels, then cut into thin slices.
- Spray large heavy saucepan with oil. Sauté onions until tender but not brown (about 10 minutes). Add cabbage and potato and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add nutmeg and flour and stir 2 minutes. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Puree vegetables in batches in blender or food processor until smooth. Return to saucepan, season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley, chives and Parmesan.
Recipe Yield: Makes 5 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 334 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.