- 1 pound raw spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh tomato
- 2 cloves garlic
- Wash spinach thoroughly and drain.
- Saute tomato and garlic in olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add spinach, cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 94 milligrams
Protein: 3.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
1 Vegetable; 1-1/2 Fat
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter