- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza crust
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke heart quarters, well drained
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet or pizza pan with nonstick spray.
- Lightly sprinkle with cornmeal, if desired.
- If making the crust, transfer the dough to the pan. Stretch and shape the dough by hand and/or with rolling pin into a 12-or 13-inch circle or 11-by 14-inch rectangle. If using store-bought crust, place it on the pan.
- Remove and discard any coarse outer leaves from the artichoke hearts. Coarsely chop the hearts.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with artichoke hearts evenly over the crust. Sprinkle on the shrimp, then the chopped pepper. Top with cheese.
- If using homemade crust, bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- If using purchased crust, bake according to package directions, or until the pizza begins to brown at edges.
- Cut into 9 rectangles or wedges and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings (1 piece per serving)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 559 milligrams
Cholesterol: 49 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Lean Meat
Source: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
Book Title: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.