- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza crust
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke heart quarters, well drained
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet or pizza pan with nonstick spray.
- Lightly sprinkle with cornmeal, if desired.
- If making the crust, transfer the dough to the pan. Stretch and shape the dough by hand and/or with rolling pin into a 12-or 13-inch circle or 11-by 14-inch rectangle. If using store-bought crust, place it on the pan.
- Remove and discard any coarse outer leaves from the artichoke hearts. Coarsely chop the hearts.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with artichoke hearts evenly over the crust. Sprinkle on the shrimp, then the chopped pepper. Top with cheese.
- If using homemade crust, bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- If using purchased crust, bake according to package directions, or until the pizza begins to brown at edges.
- Cut into 9 rectangles or wedges and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings (1 piece per serving)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 559 milligrams
Cholesterol: 49 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Lean Meat
Source: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
Book Title: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book