- 1/4 cup cognac
- 1/2 heavy cream
- 11 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper. Heat cognac in a small saucepan just to simmering. Remove from heat. Add cream. Bring to simmering.
- Place all the chocolate and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar in a food processor and whirl 1 to 2 minutes or until finely chopped. With machine running, add cream mixture in a steady stream. Process until smooth. Scrape into a medium-size bowl. Refrigerate just until thick enough to hold shape, about 1 hour.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. With your hands, quickly shape into balls. (Refrigerate to firm while working if necessary.) Place in freezer 30 minutes.
- Prepare coating: Sift cocoa powder and confectioners' sugar into a small bowl. Add truffles, 3 at a time; toss to coat. Refrigerate in airtight containers up to 1 month. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 3-1/2 dozen truffles
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
1/2 Starch/Bread, 1 Fat
Source: Family Circle's All Time Favorite Recipes
Book Title: Family Circle's All Time Favorite Recipes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.