- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons Equal ® sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- Several drops of food coloring (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream shortening. Add sweetener, egg, and food coloring (if desired); beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, add the milk, vanilla, and water. Put in flour mixture and stir well.
- Chill dough 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Roll out 1/8 inch thick and cut the cookies into desired shapes. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool. Store in air tight container.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 24 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4.5 grams
Sodium: 95 milligrams
Cholesterol: 9 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.