- 3-1/2 to 4 pound boneless leg of pork, (fresh ham)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, OR vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried sage, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper, cracked
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, OR 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush surface of pork with oil. In a small bowl, combine paprika, sage, rosemary, garlic, pepper and salt. Rub herb mixture over surface of pork.
- Place on rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 hour (about 15 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
A boneless fresh leg of pork is a welcome break from usual holiday fare. A simple rub of dried rosemary, sage and other herbs lends flavor and a touch of elegance to this easy roast.
Recipe Yield: Serves 8-10, with leftovers.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 120 milligrams
Cholesterol: 100 milligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.