- 2 teaspoons oil
- 6 single chicken breasts (24 oz. raw weight) skinned, boned, washed, sliced in 1/2" strips
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup peach or apricot chutney (fruit sweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon each curry powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1-1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
- In a large skillet, heat oil to medium high, and saute chicken pieces until brown.
- Remove chicken, set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in skillet until soft, and golden.
- Stir in chutney and spices and cook one minute.
- Add broth and wine, and heat through, stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to sauce, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in coconut flavoring.
- Serve over hot rice.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 6; 1 serving = 1-1/4 cup - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 44 milligrams
Protein: 19 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 low-fat meat; 1/3 fruit
Source: Gourmet Inspirations Healthy Cooking
Book Title: Gourmet Inspirations Healthy Cooking