- 2 small acorn squash (1-1/2 pounds total), halved and seeded
- 1 large or 2 small apples, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a square baking pan with nonstick pan spray.
- Place the squash cut side down in a baking pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, combine the apples, celery, onion, margarine, and 2 tablespoons water in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Turn the squash, cut sides up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide the apple mixture to fill the cavities of the squash. bake the stuffed squash halves, covered with foil, for 30 minutes more. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 stuffed squash halves (4 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 63 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Sugars: 10 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes