- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar free hazelnut syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk
- 2 tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Spread hazelnuts in a shallow pan and toast in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 7-10 minutes. Remove hazelnuts from the oven and cool.
- Mix the oil, Splenda Granulated Sweetener and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add hazelnut syrup and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nonfat dry milk in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the flour mixture into the oil and egg mixture and stir until blended. Add hazelnuts and mix until just blended. Refrigerate dough 1 hour or until stiff.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a log approximately 3 1/2 inches wide by 12 inches long. Place the logs on the prepared sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Cut the loaves with a sharp knife into 48 slices, approximately 1/2 inch wide. Cool completely.
- If desired, lay slices on their sides and drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
- Store in airtight containers. Cookies will stay fresh up to 5 days.
A combination of chopped hazelnuts and hazelnut syrup is used to make these scrumptious biscotti. They’ll keep fresh for 5 days making them ideal gifts.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 48 servingsServing size: 1 biscotti
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 30 milligrams
Cholesterol: 10 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.