- 4 catfish or ocean perch fillets (1 pound total), thawed if frozen
- 2 slices white bread, crumbled, or 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten, or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup low-fat (1 percent) buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking pan with nonstick pan spray.
- In a pie pan or shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs, cheese, basil or oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another pie pan or dish, combine the egg and buttermilk.
- Dip each fish fillet first in the milk mixture, then in the crumb mixture to coat both sides with crumbs.
- Arrange the fillets in 1 layer in the baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 518 milligrams
Cholesterol: 121 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 3 Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.