- Canola oil cooking spray
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 2 large carrots, scraped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- reduced-fat sour cream or applesauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray large non-stick baking sheet with oil spray. Coarsely grate potatoes and carrots. Place them in large sieve. Set sieve into a large bowl so it nestles securely. Squeeze vegetables to wring out as much liquid as possible. If vegetables still feel wet, pat dry with paper towels, then transfer them to a mixing bowl. Stir in flour, parsley, onion, eggs, oil, salt and pepper, making sure ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon small mounds of the mixture on the baking sheet to form 2 1/2-inch pancakes, leaving 1 inch between each. Bake latkes until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes per side, turning once with spatula. Pancakes can also be made in a pan, preferably non-stick, with a light coating of canola oil spray on the bottom. Heat pan to high, then reduce to medium or medium-high heat. Transfer cooked pancakes to warm plates or a serving platter and serve at once. If desired, serve with low-fat sour cream or applesauce.
Recipe Yield: Makes about 16 pancakes or 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 185 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 50 grams
3-1/2 Starch/Bread, 1 Lean Meat
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.