- 3 large poblano chilies, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 12 ounces russet potatoes, unpeeled, cooked, cubed
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Saute chilies and onion in oil in large skillet until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes; saute until browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add barley to skillet; cook over medium heat until hot through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cilantro and cumin. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings``Serving Size: About 1/2 cup each
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.8 grams
Sodium: 6 milligrams
Protein: 2.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
2 Vegetable, 1 Bread, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.