- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups loosely packed (6 large) red lettuce leaves
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in large saucepan. Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink and curl, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and peel. Halve shrimp crosswise, and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes, beans, mango, onion, jalapeno pepper and the orange and lime juices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and divide among 4 plates. Top each with one-fourth of the shrimp mixture and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 294 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1 Bread/Starch, 2 Lean-Meat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.