- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups loosely packed (6 large) red lettuce leaves
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in large saucepan. Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink and curl, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and peel. Halve shrimp crosswise, and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes, beans, mango, onion, jalapeno pepper and the orange and lime juices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and divide among 4 plates. Top each with one-fourth of the shrimp mixture and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 294 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
2 Vegetable, 1 Bread/Starch, 2 Lean-Meat
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.