- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pear pieces in 2 ramekins or small oven-proof bowls about 3x1-3/4 inches deep. Mix fat-free milk, sugar substitute, vanilla extract, and egg together and pour on top of pears.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top and bake 30 minutes or until custard is firm. Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes, and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 64 milligrams
Cholesterol: 108 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Sugars: 13 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Source: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes