- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pear pieces in 2 ramekins or small oven-proof bowls about 3x1-3/4 inches deep. Mix fat-free milk, sugar substitute, vanilla extract, and egg together and pour on top of pears.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top and bake 30 minutes or until custard is firm. Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes, and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 64 milligrams
Cholesterol: 108 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Sugars: 13 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Source: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.