- 4 blood oranges
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 fennel bulbs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- With a sharp knife, cut 1/4 inch off the top and bottom of each orange. Set the oranges on a flat surface and remove the skin and pit in strips, following the curvature of the fruit. Slice the oranges into 1/4-inch pieces. Lay the slices in a single layer on a large platter and sprinkle them with salt.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits with a knife. Spoon out chunks of avocado, season them with salt, and place them over the orange slices.
- Remove the outer layers of the fennel and slice the bulbs thinly. Place the slices in a large bowl and season them with salt. Pour the lemon juice over the fennel and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss the fennel and place it over the orange slices.
- Drizzle the lemon juice and olive oil remaining at the bottom of the bowl over the whole salad. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 17 grams
Sodium: 428 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 25 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1 Fruit, 3 Fat
Source: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies
Book Title: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.