- 3/4 pound baked or grilled chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 2.2-ounce can (1/2 cup) black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tiny capers, well-rinsed and drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup thin green beans, cooked, drained, and cooled
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving bed (whole wheat pita bread for sandwiches optional)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl and combine with oil, oregano and lemon juice. Let stand for about 1 hour.
- Toss the chicken mix with olives, capers, tomatoes and green beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the salad on the romaine leaves. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. This recipe would also work on whole-wheat pita bread.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 280 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.