- 1-1/2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons lowfat mayonnaise
- Pita bread or mixed greens
- In a bowl, coarsely mash the chickpeas.
- Add the celery, red pepper, onion, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise and toss well.
- Serve over pita bread or mixed greens.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 641 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1-1/2 Starch, 1-1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies
Book Title: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.