- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups diced seeded tomatoes (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups cubed whole-wheat country bread (5 ounces), crusts removed
- 1/4 cup thinly slivered red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, bread, onion, basil and capers. Toss to combine.
- Let the salad sit for about 5 minutes to allow it to absorb the dressing's flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 275 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1-1/2 Fat
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.