- 8 (up to 8 ounces total) summer squash, each about 4-inch long, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Half a small sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Sprinkle squash with salt.
- In slow cooker, layer half the squash, tomatoes, onions, and pepper. Repeat layers.
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water. Pour into slow cooker. Top with bacon. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top. Cover. Cook on LOW 4-6 hours.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 339 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook
Book Title: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.