- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake coconut, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add dates and pecans; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until dates are softened. Cool to touch (about 5 minutes).
- Beat egg substitute and Splenda Granulated Sweetener for 3 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer; add to date mixture. Cook over low-heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (about 3 minutes). Stir in rice cereal. Cool to touch. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in toasted coconut.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 36 servings Serving Size: 1 ball
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 55 milligrams
Cholesterol: under 5 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Sugars: 5 grams