- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake coconut, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add dates and pecans; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until dates are softened. Cool to touch (about 5 minutes).
- Beat egg substitute and Splenda Granulated Sweetener for 3 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer; add to date mixture. Cook over low-heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (about 3 minutes). Stir in rice cereal. Cool to touch. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in toasted coconut.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 36 servings Serving Size: 1 ball
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 55 milligrams
Cholesterol: under 5 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Sugars: 5 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.